Monday, May 31, 2010

Making Flowers

Here are step by step instructions on making the flower I did for the card last night.  I used Stampin Up paper. Some of the others I tried did not work as well.
1. Punch 3 scalloped circles. I used the Stampin Up Punch but I am sure you could cut them with Nestibilities scalloped circle.
2. Next you will work them over with a bone folder to break up the fibers in the paper. Be careful not to work the center too much as you work your way around or the paper will tear. I used one hand to hold the paper and the other to handle the bone folder. I can't show that here because I needed a hand to hold the camera. : )
3. Here is a picture of the circles after I had worked them.

4. Now you carefully separate the 2 layers of paper. Take your time. If they don't easily come apart, work the paper more with the bone folder.

5.  Now you have 6 pieces. Here they are with the rough side up. I put the rough side towards the center of the flower.  Punch the center of each layer. They do not need to be perfect. It gives a more natural look.

6. Next I kind of crumbled them up. Then they are stacked on a brad.
This is the final flower.  The last one has been inked on the edges.I will probably work with the inking more to make it look better.
I hope you will try it. It was pretty cool. Thank you to Meg F for showing me how to do these. : )

5 comments:

  1. Great job Faye! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look amazing, I think I have acuttlebug die that are like that, have to try it some evening! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to try this! Thanks so much for posting it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your flower instructions might try it some time,looks eassy not sure,cheaper than buying good way use up scaps.Nice blog better mind not had lot of time work on it here.Just cards good group.
    Sue cale,ks

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! They look like they are not too hard either!

    ReplyDelete