Thursday, October 5, 2017

Good in the World - a short rant

First. I apologize now to Laurel who I believe is really the only person who comes to my daily blog. I need to say some things and this is the place I have chosen to talk. Skip this one my friend, I will be back to art and crafting in a moment.

I am deeply saddened about the events at the concert in Las Vegas last weekend. It made me doubt the goodness in the world. It made me feel like evil is winning and I grieve for my grandchildren growing up in this world but wait... I WILL NOT LET THESE EVENT TAKE AWAY MY HOPE. There is good. And LOTS of it.

Even that moment when one man was spraying evil at the people attending the concert, many, many people were shielding each other, helping people get to safety, helping the wounded.  There is far more good than bad in the world. Just count at this event.

Everyday, people are helping each other..in big ways and small ways. Volunteering, donating, and just caring for our neighbors. Sending a card to someone. Sharing a kind word. Even a smile by a by-passer can make a difference and be a kindness.

We can make laws and changes to try and protect people however, the real power is for us not to give up and continue to try to be the good in the world.  Spread it like a virus.

 Below is one of my favorite past pieces. I actually don't know what has happened to it in the move.  Each hand says "I can be the good in the world" and I named it, Me Too.  I hope - if anyone reads this - that they will hold up their hand and say," Me too - I can be the good in the world"

I am sending a big hug to the world and commit to do more to be the good in the world myself.  Let's help Good win!





4 comments:

  1. What beautiful hands Faye...ME TOO.. I hate watching the news at night as there is so much misery in the world. you are right however. When a terrible tragedy happens there are a lot of heroes who put their life in danger to save strangers..I volunteer at a charity and see a lot of sad cases but after they have visited us we give them everything to start a new life and hopefully recover.. Hugs Loz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughts Laurel. It is nice to know you are out there being the good in the world too. Hugs Faye

      Delete