Friday, October 6, 2017

Day 173 - Autumn Birthdays


This is a large card I did. It is a Unity stamp.  Below is a closeup of the image.  


I did the background with a piece of photo paper. It was the summary sheet from a couple pictures I had printed at Walgreen's.  I just cut off the end of the sheet that was printed with tiny thumb names of my last prints. I used the colors below of alcohol inks to color it.  Since I knew I wanted to stamp it, I tried to have more of the yellow.  The leaves are punched out of the same paper. 

Below is a test I did after with a couple papers. The outside papers are glossy photo paper. The middle one with a "soft gloss" 


When using alcohol inks, I sometimes use alcohol to blend or get effects with the ink. 


You can see here the middle one which was the "soft gloss" did not move the way the other inks did. It also became soaked with the alcohol and inks rather than them floting on top. 


In all three cases, the final papers turned out pretty cool, although I like the glossy papers best. 





3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and colouring Faye. Great tutorial on how you made this..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice as usual. I like how you did the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all your creations Faye...it looks like you are enjoying playing with your Inks...have fun..Gillian x

    ReplyDelete