Monday, August 14, 2017

Day 120 - more foil - and trying other things


So yesterday I was playing with a couple of these.  Heat embossing wasn't very successful this time. I will try again another time.  Here is the best it got

I decided to try using it with sticky embossing powder.   You ink with embossing ink, with sticky embossing powder  then you apply the foil while the embossing power is warm. 
This was my first attempt.  The problem here was the textured paper and poor ink. 

Here I tried it again. This time I used white craft ink instead of the embossing inks.  It took a lot and the face was kind of blurred. Kind of double inked. 


Why all the work and not just emboss the image?  I embossed this but accidentally picked up the clear powder instead of the white.   It wasn't really a great image. I wanted to use it so I went over it with the dauber and some crushed curry.  The clear embossing powder worked as resist.  I was happy with the end results. 


This was probably the best of the experiments. 


1 comment:

  1. Looks beautiful after all the experminting Faye. I would have given up after the first attempt..Loz

    ReplyDelete