Sunday, October 4, 2009

Soot Technique


I did two cards tonight. I tried the soot technique. I learned it from Gina's site.

I am not showing one of the cards because I am sending it for a swap. This is the second card I did. The technique is easier than I expected it to be.


Here are the basics:

Supplies needed:
A rubber stamp, a candle, glossy paper and some kind of sealer.

1. Light candle
2. Run the glossy side through the flame. I was surprised how far into the flame I had to run the paper through. Just don't catch it on fire!
3. Once you like the amount out soot, stamp the image. No ink needed. Be careful because your fingers will take off the ink as well.
4. Seal the image. I used Crystal Clear sealer but you can even use hairspray. If you don't the soot will come right off. You can even kind of "erase" the paper by wiping it off and starting over

I was thinking kind of vintage prom when I did it. The dress stamp is from Inkadinkado by Dawn Houser. I have seen it called Mom's Dress. The camera is from Stampin Up. It is part of a set called Travel Post.

4 comments:

  1. This is really pretty Faye!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just beautiful. What a cool technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Faye! =)

    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat technique!!! Gorgeous creation. I have never tried this before and you have truly inspired me to give it a try!!

    Thanks for posting the blog candy and visiting my blog. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete