Sunday, June 24, 2018

Watercolor Poppies

I am taking a watercolor class from Let's Make Art.  I will not be posting the painting I have done so far in order but I thought it would be good to document the work here. 


The first picture is an in progress painting.  I was shocked how easy the poppies are to do.  Just paint to opposite petals with a small white space between. Let that dry. Then go back with a brush with just water and add the other petals. 


This next photo was the final painting. 


I had so much paint on the pallet I did these too.  I will use them on a birthday card for work. 


Let's Make Art also does Let's Make Art Matter- They send a watercolor postcard with their monthly kit. It is addressed and stamped to be sent to someone who could use some support.  This was my version of the card she made.

1 comment: