Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Day 122 Vintage Memories

I have decided to participate in the AALL and Create Challenges.  The first was labeled Europe.
AALL & Create Challenge One  The piece had to contain some of these things but not all were required.

A face
Papers (newspaper, printed paper, rice paper…etc.)
Letters, numbers
Blue for the colour of the European Union, Union Jack...
Ribbon, twine, string or lace…
Textures – take inspiration from history from ancient civilisations to the fall of the Berlin Wall
Something both vintage and modern
  • I also wanted to enter ArtFest at my work so I will enter this there as well.  ArtFest runs at the same time as ArtPrize with is a major art competition in Grand Rapids, MI. 
  • I started with doing collage with tissue paper with music on it and parts of old books. The books are very deteriorated and from our 115 year old family cottages. They were being tossed because of their condition. I used mat medium gel to collage. 

  • Next I stenciled flowers with Fuild Acrylics by Golden and Deco 

  • Next I stamped and embossed some images done with stamps by Dylusions. They are the Couture Collection. 
  •  Next I painted some highlights on the images.  Blue on their hats and painted their skin. 

  • Next I added some stickers and papers. There was even some metal pieces. 

  • I decided I needed more blue flowers. I also used some Distress inks to shade. I sprayed it with some ink and added some gold powder. 

  • At this point I looked at it and realized there is a face in the middle. Can you find it? I printed a picture of it and worked on the face. 
  • Here is the finished piece with the face.   

  • 1 comment:

    1. WOW!! That is Stunning Faye.. It must have taken hours to make..Loz

      ReplyDelete