Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pop Up card class - card one

I just love pop up cards and so the theme for card class this week was pop up cards.  The class had to work extra hard this week since it was like doing two cards for every one card ( one inside and one outside).

I didn't get pictures until almost the end and most people had left. 
Card one was the simplest and shows you almost any image can be made into a pop up. Just create a box inside your card. The bigger the box the further out into the card your pop up is. Here a used a 1 x 4.5 strip and scored it at 1, 2, 3, and 4 inches. Over lap the 1/2 inch piece.  I put adhesive on two sides of the block and attached at to the card on each side of the fold. 
This was another package of paper from Tuesday Morning.  I typed the words on the computer and printed them on card stock


Inside is the pop up. A dragon! He is colored with colored pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits. The words on the card say : A little bird told me - you were Drag'n

Here is a closeup of the box that creates the pop up.  

I think I will post the other two cards on separate posts. Thanks you for stopping by. 

1 comment: