Sunday, November 4, 2012

Midnight Madness

The woman's organization at my church has a special meeting once of year. We have dinner and a bunch of crafts. It runs from 6 to midnight and is a bit of madness. This year we also had a presentation on preparedness since 60 homes were lost in a fire here this year. I was in charge of a lot of the activities. I did the sample for most of the crafts and was in charge of almost all the paper crafts.  Here are the wood crafts I did samples of and my friend Maria took charge of cutting wood and helping people that night.


I got this idea from Pinterest. Here is the BLOG She did not give sizes.. I did it at six and seven inches with the heads of Mary and Joseph being 1 1/2 inch balls. Baby Jesus was 1 inch.  I used a brown wash on Joseph and blue was on Mary. 

This was also a project from Pinterest.  Here is the BLOG.  I added more feathers than the original. The feathers are Jumbo craft sticks covered with scrapbook paper. The square is a 3 1/2 in square of 2 by 4. The head is the end of a paint stick for a 5 gal paint container.  The beak and waddle are paper and the eyes were done with black paint and a Q-tip. The base paint was brown. 

I have additional project that I will post in separate posts.


.

1 comment: