Sunday, November 4, 2012

Family Frame

This was the most popular project at Midnight Madness this year. I saw something like it on Pinterest but them developed my own thing because nothing had directions and most were restricted to Stampin Up supplies.


This is a 8 1/2 by 11 frame. The red paper is Cherry Cobbler from Stampin Up. The rest is just papers I found.  The paper behind the "I" is a plain paper with the red design stamped. 

  • Background paper is 81/2 by 11
  • Black squares are 2 1/2 by 2 1/2
  • patterned paper squares are 2 1/4 by 2 1/4
  • The letters were cut with the Classic Font Cricut cartridge.
  • The little vines are separate from the letters and done with the pieces from an EK vine border punch
  • The bird and butterflies are done with Stampin Up products. Punch for the bird and embosslet for the butterflies.
  • Other shapes are dies by Spellbinders. 
  • The "Together Forever" stamp is Stampin Up  

I cut out most of the pieces for 53 of these. CRAZY!! I cut everything but the vines and bird punch for 53!! Well, I think everyone loved it which is really nice.  Sadly, I will probably have to cut one more for my daughter for Christmas.


3 comments: