Thursday, August 25, 2011

Soot Class

I have a card class today. I am teaching the soot technique.

It is like another one I did a couple years ago.  The technique is fun but a little challenging. The idea is that you hold a paper over a flame and get soot on it. Then you stamp your image with no ink. This lifts the soot off , Finally you seal it. I have learned the following hints from doing this before.
  • I didn't have any luck with photo paper.  I have really loved using the Ultra Glossy cardstock from Paper Temptress. 
  • Use a taper candle rather than a pillar. 
  • Get the paper right down in the flame, pretty close to the wick. 
I will try and get some pictures at class with us in action! 


For the card here, the tree is an older stamp from Rubber Stampede. The pumpkins came from a scarecrow stamp from I Brake For Stamps. The embossed background is from Cuttlebug. The buttons were an embosslet from Stampin Up

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Faye. Not for me as I would set fire to the card..LOL..Loz

    ReplyDelete